Halaman

Entri Populer


ShoutMix chat widget

Pengikut

Deriven Teweng. Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.
Jumat, 11 Februari 2011

postheadericon Finite verb



Definition of finite verb :
a verb that has a subject, this means that it can be the main verbs in a sentences. It shows tense (past/present, etc) or number (singular/plural), A finite verb makes an assertion or expresses a state of being and can stand by itself as the main verb of a sentence.


Example of finite verb :

  • I cook, she reads, Anto went
  • Dina has eaten when Ria come in, By itself, the verb form eaten is called a non-finite verb When the auxiliary has and the non-finite verb eaten are put together, they make up a finite verb form has eaten.
  • Tamara was walking. Walking is non-finite and was is to be. When they are put together, they make up finite form was walking


Definition of non-finite verb :
a verb has no subject, tense, or number. The only finite verb forms are the infinitive (indicated by to), the gerund or the participle (present/past), nonfinite verbs must ordinarily combine with a modal , an auxiliary verb, or the infinitival particle to.


Example of nonfinite verb

Verbs ending in -ing. These are called present participles, they were cooking in Sinta’s house.
This non-finite verb form end in -ed; many also end in en. These are called past participles. I have written my letter ( the past participle written is non-finite and can’t be the main verb).
Talking is the children’s favorite pastime. ( talking is a gerund, verb to be noun)
I can’t afford to go out tonight

The infinitive can have the following forms:

The perfect infinitive
to have + past participle



For example: to have broken, to have seen, to have saved.
This form is most commonly found in Type 3 conditional sentences, using the conditional perfect.

For example:

  • If I had known you were coming I would have baked a cake.
  • Someone must have broken the window and climbed in.
  • I would like to have seen the Taj Mahal when I was in India.
  • He pretended to have seen the film.
  • If I'd seen the ball I would have caught it.



1 komentar:

Faizal Hidayat mengatakan...

oh, mau nantangi kh? boleh ku balas

Hey .... Thanks for visit my blog :)

My profile

My profile

Deriven's blog

About this blog : : It consists of free articles and pictures based on deriven's recent interests only (most are related to education and entertainment field) and show my material about Procedure Text. However, visitors from worldwide are also welcome here. Please leave your comments in any space provided to make it better and better in the days to come. Thank you

About Me

Foto Saya
Deriven Teweng
You can call me Deriven. But my friends call me Pak Broto (Why). I was born in Palangkaraya, April 1st 1995. Now, I am from SMA 2 Palangkaraya. My hobbies are listening music and playing games. My hope is I am rich :)
Lihat profil lengkapku